Saturday, December 31, 2011

Stitching goals for the new year

It's that time of year again--time to consider what I've done for the year and plan what I'd like to do next year. This year was mostly devoted to finishing WIPs that I no longer loved, and I think I went overboard. I didn't enjoy my stitching as much, so I'm giving myself a rest for next year. I think finishing Magnificent Wizard, which is for my husband, will be enough of a goal for 2012.

Finished in 2011:
  • Gingerbread Stitching House
  • Gingerbread Tree Etui
  • Maggie the Messmaker
  • Rose Quilt
  • Skeleton Crew
  • Chatelaine Easter 2011 Freebie
  • Afraid of the Dark
  • By the Full Moon
  • Just a Little Autumn
  • Fa La La La La
  • Various band sampler round robin pieces
Works in progress:
  • Magnificent Wizard
  • A Fish Tale
  • Snow Faerie
  • HAED Eternal Promise
  • Zelda's Fancy Hat
I also did a bit of crocheting. I finished a scarf and a hedgehog, which I've been meaning to do for a while. I want to learn to knit too.

I started quilting a bit this year and began my first quilt, a small Halloween quilt. I'd like to finish that too this year. It's time to learn new things!

Oh, and I'm 42! :-o

2 comments:

Kate said...

You deserve to have some stitchy fun in 2012 then! lookin forward to seeing that :)

barbara said...

I'm 42 also, and trying to figure out the 'life, the universe, and everything' mystery as it relates to me.

How utterly cool that you can crochet! I'm trying to learn to knit but lack time and/or discipline to really make any progress.

Best wishes for a great 2012!