Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Legends of the Spellcasters update


I know, long time no post. I've been in something of a stitching slump. I've been reading some good books by Diana Gabaldon, Robin McKinley, and Jacqueline Carey, and I've been playing a new computer game, Runes of Magic, both of which have conspired to take up all my time.

As you can see, I've made fair progress on Legends of the Spellcasters, though not at my normal speed. Something about the piece has been unappealing to me as far as stitching, and I can't quite put my finger on what it is. I like the way the piece looks, but maybe it's that it's by three different designers. Dunno.

Health: My recovery since the Lap-Band surgery has been going well. I had my first fill (when they tighten the band) a few weeks ago, and I'm feeling a little restriction but not nearly enough to curb my hunger. So far I've lost 37 pounds, and I can tell a different in my clothes. My weight loss is slow but consistent at 1-2 pounds a week. I think it will speed up once I get enough fill in the band (I'm at 3.5 cc; most people get to their "sweet spot" at around 7-9 cc). I get my next fill at the beginning of June. The doctor likes to do it slowly so that my body adjusts. He said 2-4 weeks between fills, but it's been more like 4 because of his schedule.

At the moment, I have an ear infection with a perforated eardrum, the first I've had in a very long time. Now I remember how painful they are and know what Matt and Logan go through quite regularly. Ouch. Apparently sinus surgery isn't going to make me completely illness free, but at least I'm not getting sick every month. (Just every other month.)

8 comments:

Lynn Bourke said...

Great progress on LOTS...

I hope you feel well soon!

Katri said...

Your LotS looks so great, nice progress! I think stitching slumps belong to a stitcher's life, and I also think it's good to do something else from time to time, no matter how much we enjoy this hobby.

Alice said...

The stitching looks gorgeous! Congrats on the weight loss; I wish you nothing but the best. Slow loss is good, more likely to stay off. Sorry about the ear infection. Not nice at all.

Giovanna said...

Legends looks awesome! Glad to read that your post-surgery is going so well.

Mel said...

Legends looks good!
(and I love all those authors you are reading).

Glad to hear you are doing well.

Jo said...

I'm reading the latest Diana Gabaldon at the moment - great read, but just too heavy!!!

Great progress on Legends

Brenda Lou said...

Your project is stunning!!!

Hope you get to feeling better! I've never had a perforated eardrum! Sounds quite painful :(

Cheryl said...

Hope by now your ear is better! Ouch! LotS is gorgeous. Makes me want to stitch it, too. Glad you are having success with the lapband. Slow weight loss really is better for your body. Sounds like your doc has a good handle on it! I hope you continue to have good progress.