Saturday, December 26, 2009

Stitching goals for the new year

Since I'm not sure if I'll feel up to writing after my sinus surgery Monday, I'll take care of my review of goals now. I didn't seem to do too well on my stitching goals this year, but I did get a lot of stitching done on Teresa Wentzler pieces, which I'm excited about. I also read a lot more this year. I have one series of Mercedes Lackey books left to read, and I can say I've read all her books. Then it's on to other favorite authors I've been meaning to read! And then there are all the illnesses. I was sick a full half the year--every month I got a sinus infection, and they usually last two weeks. That wears you down, but the surgery should take care of that.

Here's how I did, stitching-wise, in 2009 and what I hope to accomplish in 2010.

Pieces I finished in 2009:

  • Autumn Faerie
  • Winter Faerie
  • Spring Faerie
  • Medieval Miniature
  • Sun Dragon
  • Futurecast (six TWs for those who are counting!)
  • Royal Blossoms
  • Stitchie Witchie
  • Heart Throb
  • Violet Bouquet NR
  • Tulip Time NR
  • Victorial Floral NR
  • Sweetheart NR
  • Strawberry Patch NR
  • Wildflowers NR (finished all the needlerolls in the series!)
  • Teeny Tiny 'Love' Bag
  • My First Gray Hare
  • She Sells Seashells
  • Happy Jack
  • Finishing of Goblins
  • Zelda's Fancy Hat

Current WIPs:

  • Lady of Shalott
  • Legends of the Spellcasters
  • Spirit of the Snow Angel
  • Rose Quilt
  • Maggie the Messmaker
  • Magnificent Wizard
  • Eternal Promise


Review of stitching goals for 2009:

  • Autumn Faerie--done
  • Chatelaine's Rose and Butterfly Quilt--nope
  • Maggie the Messmaker--no, but I did make a lot of progress on it
  • Magnificent Wizard (work some on it)--nope
  • Work on more Teresa Wentzler pieces--yes, a lot
  • Start an embroidered knot garden--nope
  • Try doll making/polymer clay--nope
  • Make more cakes--a little


Stitching/craft goals for 2010:

  • Maggie the Messmaker
  • Magnificent Wizard (make some progress)
  • Legend of the Spellcasters
  • Lady of Shalott
  • Summer Faerie
  • Finishing of two Just Nans pieces

4 comments:

Nic said...

Congratulations on all your achievements, ans good luck with your goals for 2010.

Hope the surgery goes well!

Missy Ann said...

Good luck tomorrow!

Cathy said...

Wow You have alot of finishes for 2009. I have enjoyed reading your blog and watching your progress. Hope you have a healthier 2010 with alot more stitching finishes.

Kim B said...

That's a lot of 2009 finishes! Congrats to you!