Friday, July 24, 2009

Sweetheart Needleroll HD


This one was very quick to stitch. I'm not fond of the eyelets that every one of these has. There isn't much space to anchor the thread, and the eyelets rarely come out looking good since they're done with perle cotton (or maybe it's just me). One of the eyelets also had a big slub get in the way--ugh. I do like the look of the needlerolls, and the stitching itself is fun (other than the eyelets). I have two left, though I'm missing some champagne/putty fabric for one of them. I'll wait to order it once I need something else because you know I'll need something else right after I place the fabric order.

I've been agonizing over what to stitch for the By the Sea exchange for HoE. I should get my partner's name today. I usually like to pick the chart after I get the name so I can stitch something she likes. But this one only has a month before it's mailed out, which probably doesn't leave enough time to order a chart. I've already checked the LNS. I probably would have stitched the Just Nan mermaid piece if Ginger's would have had it in stock.

6 comments:

Kim B said...

Beautiful Michelle! And I think your eyelets look fantastic!

Jo said...

Congrats on your HD. Your eyelets look fine to me :)

Andrea said...

A beautiful needleroll.

Brigitte said...

I love these Sweetheart Tree needlerolls and have stitched several of them. Congratulations on your finish.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful needleroll! I'm not a great fan of stitching eyelets either, but I do like how they look, so I just grit my teeth and bear them :-)

Yoyo said...

These needlerools are very pretty. Did you know an easy way to anchor your beginning thread for an eyelet is just to have a little loose thread under the fabric and with the first few stitches of the eyelet catch that loose thread, so it's actually going around the circle of the eyelet...that also helps to keep the eyelet a nice even circle. I don't mind eyelets at all since I learned that little trick.