Monday, June 22, 2009

Spring Faerie update


I didn't manage to stitch much this past week because I was pretty sick with bronchitis. Logan's almost completely better, and I'm on the mend finally. I'm really tired of being sick every other month.

To answer those who asked, no, Hobby Lobby did not give me a refund. I didn't ask because the person who told me they used acid-free materials (some student) was long gone, and I had no proof. Believe me, I was so sick when I realized they had framed all my stuff that way. I still have four or five pieces I need to get redone. And umpteen million that aren't framed at all.

7 comments:

Kim B said...

I am loving this project Michelle! She's gorgeous! I hope everyone there feels 100% better soon!

That's too bad about Hobby Lobby.

Shelleen said...

spring Faerie looks good. Sorry about Hobby Lobby.

Zeb said...

Oh dear I am sorry to hear you're so sick! :(
And even sorrier to hear about Hobby Lobby.
*HUGS* get well soon!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful, elegant wings!

Sorry about HL - maddening isn't it.

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

This is absolutely stunning.

Lana said...

Wow! That is really coming along beautiuflly!!! Sad to hear of your misfortune with the framing mishap! That would tick me off! Grrr...

Maren said...

How beautiful! You are booking on this WIP!

I'm sorry about Hobby Lobby, but here's what you do. You write a stern but courteous letter to the corporate office explaining what happened, their mistake, their apathetic response over correcting that mistake, and include the signatures of the rest of us who have no intention of letting them ruin our work as well. Maybe if losing the business of one customer doesn't bother then, then losing the business of a dozen or more will. They must not have realized they'd ruined the work of a blogger.