Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Gray Hare WIP



I'm a little miffed. This pattern, My First Gray Hare, gives a DMC equivalent for Sampler Threads Cotton Candy. After I had stitched the hot pink, I thought it looked a little strange with the Red Grape (red). I checked the picture, and the hot pink is actually supposed to be very light pink. I also checked the Gentle Art website, and indeed Cotton Candy is a very light pink. Apparently the DMC equivalent is wrong--way wrong. Now I have to rip out all the hot pink and replace it. I think I'll go with Porcelain (because it's what I have). Argh!

See, it's the small pieces that give me fits, not the large ones.

4 comments:

Kim B said...

Yeah, that's not light pink. That would miff me too. But the bunny is cute :)

Anonymous said...

I think she looks adorable with the darker pink. =)

Anonymous said...

Isn't that frustrating when it happens? But she's cute anyway!

Missy Ann said...

I had the same thing happen to me on a Praiseworthy Stitches chart, very frustrating.