Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Yearly goals

Here's how I did, stitching-wise, in 2008 and what I hope to accomplish in 2009.


Pieces I finished in 2008:

  • Needle Guardian
  • Celestial Sun
  • Celestial Moon
  • TrickORTreat (finishing)
  • Lady Scarlet Box
  • Spring Peepers
  • Cherub Garden
  • Spring in the Square
  • Autumn in the Square
  • Winter in the Square
  • Summer in the Square
  • Mini Topiary Sampler
  • Ball Ornaments
  • Four Fat Friends
  • Boo Scissor Purse
  • Boo Scissor Keeper
  • It's Halloween
  • Bountiful Acorns Needleroll
  • Olde English Needleroll
  • Shamrock Needleroll
  • Remembrance Rose Needleroll
  • Blueberry Needleroll
  • Halloween Fob
  • Covent Garden Rosebuds
  • Holly Needleroll
  • Forget Me Not Needleroll
  • Exotic Butterflies (with MIL)
  • Little Lambs Needleroll
  • Best Wishes Bunny
  • Pig
  • Damier (Checkerboard)
  • Exchanges: Fantasy Triptych panel, For the Birds, Love Blooms, Heart Fob, Christmas Ornament, The Bakery, Halloween Night, November Harvest Pumpkin, Little Pumpkins, and Blessings Abound


Current WIPs:

  • Autumn Faerie
  • Rose Quilt
  • Maggie the Messmaker
  • Magnificent Wizard
  • Eternal Promise


Review of stitching goals for 2008:

  • Chatelaine's Rose and Butterfly Quilt--nope, though I did work on it
  • Maggie the Messmaker--nope, though I did work on it
  • TrickORTreat--finished
  • MIL's piece--finished
  • At least 10 pages of any HAED--nope, only did one page

Stitching/craft goals for 2009:

  • Autumn Faerie
  • Chatelaine's Rose and Butterfly Quilt
  • Maggie the Messmaker
  • Magnificent Wizard (work some on it)
  • Work on more Teresa Wentzler pieces
  • Start an embroidered knot garden
  • Try doll making/polymer clay
  • Make more cakes


Here are my life goals, which are always more difficult to achieve.


Review of life goals for 2008:

  • Lose weight--I wanted to lose 50 pounds but only lost 25. It's better than nothing.
  • Work--I'm enjoying work more now that I'm not alone in the house. I also think I'm doing a better job.

Life goals for 2009:

  • Lose weight--I'm a little over 300 pounds now. I'd like to lose at least 50 pounds in the coming year.
  • Family--Get involved with Logan's activities, support Matt while he's in school (doing the housework, etc.), and don't let my temper get the best of me.
  • Work--Do a better job and learn new things. Go outside my comfort zone.
  • Money--Keep the spending to a minimum. Don't buy cross stitch stuff and nonessentials if I can help it.


This is just a list I like to keep so I can stay on track. If I don't acomplish them all, that's OK. Life's a journey. :-)

4 comments:

Shebafudge said...

Well done on your goals for 2008, you made good progress. I set some stitching goals on my blog but thnk I might join you in adding some life goals - neat idea.

Good luck with all your goals for 2009.

Anonymous said...

That is one impressing set of achievements, well done!

Best wishes for a Happy Stitchy 2009!

Erica said...

WOW! You accomplished quite a lot this year!

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Unknown said...

Wow some goals! You really accomplished a lot in 2008. Congratulations! I have 25 pounds to lose too. I have 3 goals for the new year: Eat healthy, exercise, and write.

Candice