Thursday, August 07, 2008

Damier Part 7


I am now up to date on this piece! If you wonder what the second block is, Maryse said it's jam jars. I was wondering there. You'll also notice that I only have two lines to go and then the outer border. Yay!

Simone explained the missing W: apparently the old French alphabet didn't have the W or J. Bummer. I'll probably either cram the Y and Z into one block or replace the middle image with a letter (which do you think is better?). I'm an editor, and I can't have a missing letter in the alphabet. They'll take away my Chicago Manual of Style.

3 comments:

Petra said...

Oh I was wondering what this would look like, it's so pretty! Nice job!

Kendra said...

I was going to replace the middle image with a letter, just for the sake of balance. I just hope the middle image isn't something I really like! Guess I could always shift it around or something...

Michelle said...

This is looking great. That missing letter would drive me crazy. I think replacing the middle image would be your best bet.