Sunday, January 06, 2008

Damier (Checkerboard) update


I decided to restart the piece on cream 32-count linen. I'll use the heart I already stitched to make a fob. Thanks, Cindy, for the reinforcement!

This is the first installment of the piece. There will be a new one each month for nine months. I really like it. Thanks, Nicki, for inspiring me to a new start (grumble). :-)

I replaced the ecru with white, and I'm using bright white instead of the regular one. I also outlined the snowman in light grey to make him stand out a little more.

I've also been stitching on Maggie the Messmaker and will take a pic when I'm ready to move onto something different.

Baby: The babysitter started Wednesday, and she's working out great. Logan hasn't had any extended screaming fits. Matt said to take notes as to what she's doing, but I also have to work. I think she has more patience than we do, for one thing. Mom's here for the week, and of course she loves playing with Logan. Matt and I are free for the week. Woohoo!

4 comments:

mainely stitching said...

So glad to hear that your child care situation is off to a good start!

Nicki said...

Oooh that looks lovely! So glad someone else is stitching it :) It looks good on that fabric too. My favourite square so far is the chalet - isn't it cute? :)

Kendra said...

Google Reader recommended your blog and I'm glad I checked it out! I'm also doing Maryse's SAL and am happy to come across another stitcher who is doing it. I like the idea of your color changes and adding a light grey outline around the snowman.

I also see you're doing Maggie the Messmaker...I have her but I've not started it. It's calling to me, though, but I have several other BAP's that I have to work on first.

Michelle said...

Love the new start - this is such a cute piece!