Friday, December 28, 2007

Block 4 HD, Rose Quilt


I finished block 4 of the Chatelaine Rose and Butterfly Quilt. I had a lot of frogging on this one, strangely. The series has ended, so now I need to catch up. There are 12 more blocks to go. This piece is going to be huge when I'm done. I'll probably need to turn it into a wall hanging, rather than frame it. As much as this kit cost, I'd like something "safer." Hmm.

I got the sad news that the Stitching Bloggers Exchange Board (SBEBB) is shutting down. We'll finish up the Valentine exchange I signed up for and that's it. Oh well, I can understand how Becky has real-life issues to deal with. It's probably best for me not to do exchanges right now anyway, but I have such trouble turning them down.

Baby: Logan did catch my cold or whatever it is. We took him to the doctor today (much crying), and he will be getting his first antibiotics for a red ear. Yet again, Matt has two of us to take care of, and during his Christmas vacation too. Have I mentioned I have the best husband ever?

Wii: Matt and I have been playing with the Wii. It's a lot of fun (even when I'm sick). Tennis and bowling are our favorites.

10 comments:

Judith said...

It is looks beautifull. Due to the very expensive kit I didn't sign up for this one.

Nicki said...

The quilt looks gorgeous! I'm thinking of doing it on 40ct so it takes up less space (we have a tiny house). What do you think? Would I be able to squeeze the beads on? There don't look to be too many.

I didn't know about the SBEBB - the email must have gone astray. What a shame.

Oh, and I want a Wii - they sound like such fun!

Anonymous said...

Your quilt blocks are looking stunning! Just wanted to drop by and wish you all the best for the rest of the festive season - hope 2008 is a wonderful year full of peace, love and happiness :)

Sharon said...

How gorgeous! Sorry to hear that you and Logan are under the weather. Hope you both feel better soon. Happy New Year to you!

Dani - tkdchick said...

OMG that Chatelaine is just stunning!!!!

Becky K in OK said...

Those blocks are so beautiful. What a challenge to finish it. I look forward to seeing the progress you make.

mainely stitching said...

Very sorry to hear Logan came down ill, too. I hope he'll be back to his normal self in no time!

LOVE your Butterfly Quilt and I hope you can find a good way to display it and still keep it safe.

Anonymous said...

Hi there. Just wanted to say your Rose Quilt is looking absolutely beautiful. I look forward to watching your progress on this project.

Michelle said...

Your quilt is beautiful! I love the colors in it. I'm sorry to hear you and Logan and both sick - no fun!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Wow, it looks fantastic! It is such a tempting piece:)