Sunday, September 23, 2007

Birth sampler HD

This one's not for me...it's for a friend that just had a baby. I hope she likes it. I need to bring it in to be framed...not sure when, though. The chart is called Baby's Keepsake Treasures and Birth Sampler by Patricia Ann Designs. Click the pic; Blogger doesn't like my scanner pics. All of those white stitches are smyrna crosses or rhodes stitches.

I didn't plan to finish this one this soon, but I'm getting bored. My sciatica is flaring up, and there's so little I can do at this point.

Baby update: Mom arrived yesterday. We're still scheduled for the induced labor Tuesday. I went in to the doctor Friday. He did a stress test again, and the baby was sound asleep (they want to check his heartbeat when he moves). After half an hour flat on my back, I told them I'd had enough. My back was killing me. Then the doctor had to check my cervix, which entailed him feeling inside and pushing down on my belly. I couldn't help but cry out because it was pure agony. I'm especially sensitive in that area. He couldn't tell how my cervix was doing, but we're still going to try induction. It may or may not work. Great. He then did an ultrasound to see how big the baby is, and he said 7 pounds, but the estimate is very rough. Fortunately Matt had come with me to the appointment and helped calm me down and get me back into the truck. I'm trying not to think about labor and get myself all worked up again. Every time the doctor hurts me, he asks if I'm getting an epidural. Duh!

13 comments:

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

What a beautiful baby sampler. I don't think I saw it in my search for one for my baby. Maybe next time:)

mainely stitching said...

Oh, Heather! I wish I could give you a (very gentle) hug and some reassurance that all will go well. Doctors really don't seem to have much of an idea how painful what they do can be to a pregnant woman. :( I know it's easier said than done, but try to stay calm regarding the induced labor. I had to be induced for Nicky and - terrified though I was - it went very smoothly. I did my breathing exercises through the whole (speedy) labor and that really helped me to stay focused and calm. You'll do GREAT, really!!!

Kim said...

You, your husband, and your little one will be in my thoughts Tuesday. I'll be cheering you on for a quick, uncomplicated induction and delivery. Let us know how it goes when you feel up to it :)

jymisgurl said...

Good luck with labor! I'm looking forward to seeing cute baby pics when you're up to it! My oldest was supposed to be induced, but six hours before, he decided he wanted out on his own. At least with being induced, they may give you the drugs before it's too bad. Hugs!

Judith said...

My thoughts are with you.
There went something in the mail to you thursday, so probaly will be arriving at the end of this week. Hope you like it.

Carol said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful job!!

Jane said...

Hugs! Blessings to you this week. I know everything will be fine and soon you will have a beautiful little baby to cherish!

Katrina said...

The baby sampler is so pretty :) Wishing you all the best for Tuesday.

Dani - tkdchick said...

The baby sampler is so pretty and would lend itself easily to different colours!

Hope to hear soon that your baby has arrived healthy and safe and that you're doing well!

Anonymous said...

That sampler is beautiful. I'm sure everything will go smoothly on Tuesday. Good luck and looking forward to seeing some photo's very soon.

Andrea said...

A very pretty sampler. Good luck with the labour.

mainely stitching said...

Sorry I was brainless when I wrote "Heather" instead of Michelle.

Sharon said...

Beautiful finish! Congrats.