Friday, August 17, 2007

Halloween exchange finished

I did a little at a time, but I finally finished off the third Halloween piece I'm doing for the SBEBB Halloween exchange. Yes, three. I just couldn't decide which I liked best, so I did them all. At least they're relatively small. Two of the finished items were firsts for me. I'll explain more when I can post pics...which will be a while. I'm very glad this is done so I don't have to worry about the deadline. I had so much fun stitching these. I keep looking at them.

The next exchange is the harvest exchange. I have a chart coming, and I might do a little piece to accompany it.

I decided to stitch a small Just Nan piece, Porcelain Nosegay. It's soaking right now, and then I'll add beads and the charm. I'm considering using one of the Just Nan premade frames. They're called easels, but I'm sure I could figure out a way to hang them on the wall.

Many thanks to the commenters who have delurked. :-)

Baby: I found that I just could not give myself the insulin shots, so Matt had to do it. Yesterday was the first day, and it was such a relief when it worked! When I went to the doctor, though, he said my blood pressure was high, so they did a stress test. I had to lie on my back for about 15 minutes (painful) with a monitor on my belly. Matt said my belly was jumping around like crazy, and I certainly felt him kick a lot. So baby is OK. I'll have to get checked pretty often. The doctor didn't think it was caused by the stress of the past week, but maybe he didn't understand exactly how much I was freaking out. It just keeps getting better and better... But at least I'm not feeling too sick and baby is OK.

2 comments:

Judith said...

I feel with you with giving yourself shots. I have medical profession and can give other people shots, but myself no way and also when someone else does it I am going crazy.
By the way: Can you send me your address as I want to send you something when the baby is born.

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the shots-my son is an insulin dependent diabetic, and I cried the first time I had to give him a shot. Granted, he was 5 and just still a baby, but to me it is always hard when I have to stick him.

Fortunately, your experience will be short-lived and you will have a wonderful addition to your family when it is over-it's all worth it!