Thursday, February 01, 2007

What I made for the birthday club

Sherry confirmed she received my package. Here's what I stitched. It's Princess and the Pea by Cross Eyed Cricket. It was supposed to be over two, but that would have made it huge. So instead I stitched it over one. The pea's a little large now, so you can see why the princess has trouble sleeping! My mom sewed the fabric mattresses together. Good thing because it was a pain!

I posted more pics on my website (warning, they're large). This was my first flat fold. I also sent her a bunch of stuff.

I'm working on The Awakening at the moment. I might finish the page this weekend. Sue wanted to know if I really could stitch two pages of a HAED in a month. Sure, I use the large-format pages. I stitched 5 pages a month before, when I was gung ho. Now 2 pages are more reasonable because I switch it up with other pieces.

11 comments:

Nicki said...

That's so lovely! And it looks really good as a flatfold too :)

Sharon said...

Beautiful finish and a great birthday exchange!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that design. And it looks good with the fabric. Can I send mine to your mom when I get it stitched? ;) Great job on the flat fold, it's perfect for that design. I'll be stealing that idea too. (I just love your blog, so many good ideas to copy!)

Anonymous said...

What a neat finish! I love the fabric mixed with the stitching on that design. It looks really good as a flatfold :)

mainely stitching said...

I've thought of making this one for my daughter. I LOVE how you finished it - it looks fantastic! And I bet it's going to be displayed in a place of honor! :)

Anonymous said...

I love what you made for Sherry. It's so pretty. I am still in awe that you can stitch 2 pages a month on a HAED never mind 5!!!

Erin said...

What a cute finish!! I just bought that pattern last month at my LNS. I'm not ready to tackle the fabric -- although it looks awesome -- so I'm thinking I'll probably stitch the whole thing (over 2) and frame it.....

BeckySC said...

You did great Michelle :)
Glad to know it arrives safely, as I am sure you are :)

VERY nice!

Michelle said...

This is the CUTEST piece! I love the fabric you stitched it on and I love that it uses fabric mattresses within the stitched areas. Very cute. I think I might try my hand at a flat-fold. Yours came out beautifully!

Trish said...

Princess and the Pea is awesome!!! Congrats!

Katrina said...

What a pretty gift, I wanted to post something on the stitching birthday/xmas blog but blogger won't let me. It's the whole new/old thing. It came out beautiful!