Thursday, September 28, 2006

Black and White Cat HD

8/14/06

I'm on a roll! I finished my first silk gauze project the other day. I love the outcome, though the actual stitching was rather tedious. I'm glad I chose a simple design for my first one, rather than a HAED. I do want to get the other two cat kits, but I think I'll hold off for a little while so I don't spend too much money.

I started another piece, Teresa Wentzler's You Were Hatched. I have all but the mother dragon's wing done. I'm waiting on a Dinky Dye floss as well, if Ginger's can order it.

This week is the HAED competition. I need to get as many stitches done as possible, but with all the confetti I'm working on at the moment, there's no way I'll win. Oh well, I'll give it a try. I'm still pretty fast because of the two-handed method.

I still haven't received my items. I'm not ordering from that store again if I can help it.

Work: I got a call Friday about the job I applied for. I have to take a writing test this week. Butterflies in the stomach, of course.

Diet: I was really bad Friday. I'm so discouraged about the diet. I just feel I'll never lose the weight. I decided I just can't eat chicken anymore. I hate it. I thought of going vegetarian, but I won't get enough protein. So, I bought some high-protein Atkins and Slim Fast shakes. I'll give that a try. So much of what I eat now I hate, so it won't be that big a sacrifice. I'll have a shake for breakfast, maybe a shake for lunch with something light. Then a salad and such for supper. At least Matt will have two meals out of the chicken and we won't have to cook it as often.

No comments: